11 - Sticky Bar with Countdown & Accent Text
This Promo Kit super power puts a sticky bar on the top or bottom of the page showing a countdown timer and some nice accent text to draw even more attention to it.
- Make sure you have the Promos Kit installed into your site
- On a site page, add (or copy) the Base kit Section that is included with all of our Kit PowerUps. The Base Kit section contains the style choices that will be used on this page for all other Kit sections.
- Add a section and search for "Promo (11)" and add it to your page
- Update the styles and colors that will be used for the text, background and accent. Be sure to check the Smart Style guide on how to use named colors, custom fonts and more.
- You can use this section as a "sticky bar" - where it will stay in the same position either at the top of the page or the bottom of the page. If you would like to use this section as a normal "inline" section, then choose Normal Section
- Open the Countdown Timer settings group and configure if you want to use the countdown timer. And if so, set the date and time that will be used. Be sure to check the countdown timer guide for more information on setting the correct time.
- Open the Visibility settings group
- Set the Delay to appear slider to the number of seconds that you want to wait until the popup is shown. It is recommended to have a small delay so that your reader is not caught off guard when the page loads. It is more likely they will pay attention to the popup instead of showing it right away.
- Set the Promo ID if you want to track identify and track this popup across different pages. For example, if you want to only allow this popup to be shown once, but are using it on many pages, be sure they all have the same Promo ID
- Set the Limit times shown slider to be the number of times you would like to show the promo bar.
🔥PRO TIP: Keep the message short and sweet so it stays on one line and is easier to read. Choose colors that will make the bar "pop" on the page.