10 - Before The Sale Opt-In
This Promo Kit super power is great for snagging deal seeking leads. Use this to build up excitement before the sale happens.
- Make sure you have the Promos Kit installed into your site
- On a site page, add (or copy) the Base kit Section that is included with all of our Kit PowerUps. The Base Kit section contains the style choices that will be used on this page for all other Kit sections.
- Add a section and search for "Promo (10)" and add it to your page
- Open up the Headings section group and type in your text that you would like to use for the heading and summary. Be sure to check the Smart Style guide on how to use named colors, custom fonts and more.
- You can use this section as a "sticky bar" - where it will stay in the same position either at the top of the page or the bottom of the page. If you would like to use this section as a normal "inline" section, then choose Normal Section
- You can use the built in Thinkific Lead capture feature or if you have your own email platform (ex: ConvertKit), then you can choose to embed your own form.
- When choosing Thinkific as the option type, be sure to update the Thinkific Optin Settings for the button, placeholder text, checkbox text (if being used). Also be sure to set the text that will be displayed after the form is submitted.
- Be sure to choose Custom (Embed) for the Opt In Type.
- Create your embed form inside your email marketing platform (ex: Convertkit). Be sure to select a simple style and options that will "blend in" with this section's style. It is suggested that you use a simple email field form. You will also need to configure what happens after the form is submitted. Then copy and paste your embed code from y
- Open the Countdown Timer settings group and configure if you want to use the countdown timer. And if so, set the date and time that will be used. Be sure to check the countdown timer guide for more information on setting the correct time.
- Open the Visibility settings group
- Set the Delay to appear slider to the number of seconds that you want to wait until the popup is shown. It is recommended to have a small delay so that your reader is not caught off guard when the page loads. It is more likely they will pay attention to the popup instead of showing it right away.
- Set the Promo ID if you want to track identify and track this popup across different pages. For example, if you want to only allow this popup to be shown once, but are using it on many pages, be sure they all have the same Promo ID
- Set the Limit times shown slider to be the number of times you would like to show the promo bar.
- Update the styles and colors that will be used for the text, background and coupon. Be sure to check the guide on how to use named colors, custom fonts and more.
🔥PRO TIP: Keep the message short and sweet so it stays on one line and is easier to read. Choose colors that will make the bat "pop" on the page.